17TH GRADUATION – CLASS OF 2022
We are delighted to invite our Class of 2022 graduands and their guests to join us on Campus for in-person 17th BSU Graduation Celebrations taking place on 6th May 2022 at the Main Campus, Riverside Sports Grounds. The expected guest of honour will be the President of the Republic of Uganda, HE. Yoweri Kaguta Tibuhaburwa Museveni.
Graduands are urged to clear outstanding fees and are further informed that clearance has already started both at department and faculty levels and will end at Academic Registrar’s office by 31st March 2022.
We’d love to know how you’ll be celebrating. Please tag us in your photos and videos using #BSU17thGrad.
Bishop Stuart University will hold a Public Lecture on the eve of the 17th Graduation Ceremony. The presenter will be Prof. John Mugisha, the Vice-Chancellor, Cavendish University and the discussant will be Mr. Herbert Mugumya, the Senior Regional Director, Population Action International (PAI) Read more here
Public Lecture Live Broadcast:
Public Lecture Invitation:
17th Graduation Live Broadcast:
Females: (841) 47.4% and Males: (932) 52.6%
Can a friend clear on my behalf?
We wish to inform you that clearing for graduation is an individual student’s responsibility and the office of the Academic Registrar will not clear forms brought by your friends, relatives, and staff members.
What do I require to clear for graduation?
- You should be appearing on the graduation lists displayed by your respective faculties.
- A signed Transcript Information form with a passport size photo attached.
- A signed and stamped graduation clearance form (4 copies) only pending the academic registrar’s signature.
- A signed and stamped current financial statement
- A system generated results testimonial duly verified and signed by the Head of Department and the Faculty Dean and acknowledged by the graduand. Ensure your names on this testimonial are in the order desired on Academic Documents and should bear your actual Date of birth as it appears on your previous academic documents and birth certificate.
How do I book my graduation gown?
The University under the Office of the University Secretary has approved the following gown suppliers for the 17th graduation. If you would like one, you can freely contact them.
- Mr. Muhindo Jocknus – Tel: +256 778 388069
- Mr. Gumananye Bruce – Tel: +256 777 258359
What Covid-19 protection measures will be in place at the graduation grounds?
To help protect you, your guests and University staff, the following Covid-19 measures will be put in place.
- You are advised to carry with you hand sanitizer and put on a face mask while in crowds.
- The majority of the activities will be offered outside in an open space where fresh air is guaranteed.
- Don’t travel to the graduation grounds if you have any covid-19 symptoms.
- The venue will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected as per the approved Covid-19 protocol
- Find out more Covid-19 guidelines for management of Covid-19 here
What else do I need to know?
Only academically and financially cleared graduands shall be graduated. The deadline for clearing is 31st March 2022 and 09th April 2022 at Faculties and AR’s Office respectively. No graduand will be cleared after the set deadlines
The day has finally come you are graduating. It’s been a long time coming, but you deserve it so much.