The Mandate of the Directorate of Quality Assurance at BSU is to establish and promote Quality Assurance processes and practices in areas of program accreditation, teaching and learning, research, facilities and students’ assessment and examinations.
- Development and implementation of Quality Assurance Policy and Procedures for monitoring the students’ progress, pass rates, dropout rates, and labour market perception of academic programmes and the graduates of the university.
- Synthesis of topical Quality Assurance matters in higher education arising from debates and practices in the regional and global contexts and updating the University community and management accordingly.
- Updating the Vice-Chancellors responsible for the different areas of academic activities on the functioning of the Quality Assurance system as it relates to specific respective activities within the different divisions and the status of quality performance of the research, programmes and as well as programme delivery processes.
- Development and implementation of mechanisms for periodic review and evaluation of the academic programmes.
- Provision, facilitation and coordination of programme accreditations and re-accreditations where this is relevant in the profession involved.
- Development and implementation of a system for quality assurance of the students’ assessment and examinations.
- Development and implementation of a system for quality assurance of the teaching facilities.
- Development and implementation of a programme-level Self-Assessment framework.
- Development and implementation of a Management Information system to provide quality related information from quality data.
- Ensuring that standards and safety regulations are observed.
- Documenting quality assurance activities and creating audit reports.
- Creating training materials and operating manuals.
- Promotes the culture of quality and supports information and training initiatives in collaboration with the relevant administrative facilities.
- Proposes methods, tools and procedures to achieve quality assurance objectives.
Former University Quality Assurance Officers
- Ms. Karungi Monica