The Library is the backbone of any academic institution. At Bishop Stuart University, the library is enlarged with new information resources every semester in different formats that is; textbooks, magazines, journals, and also subscription is made for e-books, e-journals as shown on library.bsu.ac.ug.
This supports teaching, learning, research and innovations by faculty and students at various stages in academic progress. The main Library is based at Kakoba Campus, supported by two specialized libraries;
- The Nursing/Medical Library at Ruharo, Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences
- The Law/legal information Library at Faculty of Law
To be a modern state of the art Library, providing both print and electronic information resources and services for academic excellence, human value and entrepreneurship.
Providing timely access to relevant information resources to support teaching, learning, research and innovations.
- Build a collection relevant to the University curriculum.
- Provide information for academic excellence, research and innovation.
- Promoting access and utilization of library resources using appropriate technologies
- Preserving institutional publications for perpetual access
- Print Resources: – Textbooks or hard copies
- Periodicals: – Newspapers, Journals, Magazine
- Dissertations and Research Reports: – Postgraduate thesis and Dissertations, undergraduate dissertations and Case Study reports
- Reference materials: – Dictionaries, Encyclopaedia, Almanacs, Books of facts, etc
- Electronic Resources: – E-books, e-journals, e-Databases, e-thesis and dissertations, CD-ROMs
Accessing Library Services
The opening hours shall be between 8:30 am – 10:00 pm from Monday to Saturday and shall remain closed between 11:00 am -1:00 pm for community hour fellowship every Friday.
On Sunday, the library shall open from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
During examination period the library shall be open from 8:30 am – 11:00 pm from Monday to Saturday and 10:00 am – 10:00 pm on Sundays.
General Regulations of the Library
Every student shall sign and abide by the university library rules and regulations. A copy shall be availed to every student at registration time.
Borrowers and readers in the Library shall be held responsible for the replacement of the lost, damaged or defaced book in their charge/custody.
In case a student fails to replace the exact book, he/she will be required to meet all costs of replacement.
The head librarian shall from time to time issue important notices to library users.