OFFICE OF THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
AMENDED ANNUAL UNIVERSITY CALENDAR FOR AY 2020/2021 – 2021/2022
|S/N||ACTIVITY||START DATE||END DATE||DURATION|
|1||SEM TWO FOR YEAR 1,2,3&4 AY 2020/2021|
|Undergraduate students report Online||19th June 2021|
|Training in VLE, enrolment of staff and students in AIMS||21st June 2021||4th July 2021||2weeks|
|Blended Teaching and Learning (Staggered)||21st June 2021||3rd Oct. 2021||15 weeks|
|8th Week Mid SEM.Tests for Undergraduate (Online/ODeL)||9th August 2021||15th August 2021||1 week|
|Examinations; all Undergraduate Programs (Online/ODeL)||6th Oct. 2021||16th Oct. 2021||10 days|
|Graduate Students embark Online with training in VLE, enrolment of staff and students in AIMS||3rd July 2020||23rd Oct.2021||15 weeks|
|Examinations; All Graduate Programs (Online/ODeL)||25th Oct. 2021||30th Oct. 2021||6 days|
|Nursing Science Programs|
|All BNS embark on Online/ODeL||19th July 2021||31st Oct. 2021||15 weeks|
|Training in VLE, enrolment of staff and students in AIMS||19th July 2021||1st July 2021||2 weeks|
|BNC I & II embark on Online/ODeL||2nd August 2021||14th Nov. 2021||15 weeks|
|Training in VLE, enrolment of staff and students in AIMS||2nd August 2021||15th August 2021||2 weeks|
|Examinations for Nursing Science Programs to be conducted Online. –BNS
1st Nov. 2021
15th Nov. 2021
7th Nov. 2021
|Internship and Industrial Training & Research Projects||18th Oct. 2021||19th Nov. 2021||4 weeks|
|1st & 2nd School Practice for 3rd Year & 1st SP for 2nd Year||To be fixed depending on the opening of Schools by MOES|
|2||YEAR 1 MAY INTAKE AY 2021/2022 SEMESTER ONE (COHORT 1)|
|Reporting and Training in VLE||12th July 2021||24th July 2021||2 weeks|
|Admission Ceremony||To be held virtually (Date to be communicated)|
|Blended Teaching and Learning (Staggered)||26th July 2021||1st Nov.2021||14weeks|
|8th Week Mid SEM.Tests for Undergraduate (Online/ODeL)||13th Sept.2021||19th Sept.2021||1 week|
|Examinations-Undergraduate & Postgraduate||4th Nov. 2021||15th Nov. 2021||10 days|
|3||SEM I FOR YEAR (2, 3,4), AY 2021/2022|
|Students Report and embark on Online/ODeL||22nd Nov.2021||20th March 2022||15 weeks|
|Training in VLE, enrolment of staff and students in AIMS||22nd Nov. 2021||5th Dec. 2021||2 weeks|
|Christmas Break||20th Dec 2021||3rd Jan 2022||13 days|
|Blended Teaching and Learning (Staggered) Resume||3rd Jan 2022||20th March 2022||2 weeks|
|8th Week Mid SEM. Tests for Undergraduate (Online/ODeL)||24th Jan 2022||31st Jan. 2022||1 week|
|Undergraduate Examinations||23rd March 2022||1st April 2022||10 days|
|Post Graduate Examinations||7th April 2022||11th April 2022||5 days|
|17TH BSU GRADUATION CEREMONY||25TH MARCH 2022|
|4||PROPOSED AUGUST INTAKE AY 2021/2022 SEM ONE; ALL PROGRAMS||To be scheduled after the release of results by UNEB|
|5||SEM II FOR YEAR (2, 3,4), AY 2021/2022|
|Students Report and embark on Online/ODeL||28th March 2022||10th June 2022||15 weeks|
|Training in VLE, enrolment of staff and students in AIMS||28th March 2022||3rd March 2022||2 weeks|
|8th Week Mid SEM. Tests for Undergraduate (Online/ODeL)||16th May 2022||22nd May 2022||12 weeks|
|Undergraduate Examinations||15th June 2022||25th June 2022||10 days|
|Post Graduate Examinations||27th June 2022||1st July 2022||5 days|
|Internship, Industrial Training & School Practice||27th June 2022||22nd July 2022||4 weeks|
- This Calendar was approved by the 93rd Senate meeting held on 13th July 2021, please note that changes will be managed as they arise.
- Recess sessions for Semester Two and onwards are to be determined after the lockdown when the Ministry of Education guides on a new School Academic Calendar. However, the Recess students are set to do Exams from 28th July -6th August 2021 for Semester One online and delivered as Take Home.
- UNMEB Examinations were put to a halt because of the Lockdown. We are awaiting guidance from the Nurses Council after the Lockdown.
- UBTEB Examinations which were scheduled for July cannot be done during this Lockdown and therefore, awaiting official communication from UBTEB Secretariat.
- That Law Internship and School practice were suspended because of the Lockdown. School Practice is dependent on MOES reopening of schools and the President lifting up of the Lockdown.
- Internship for students offering Computer Science, Public Health, Agriculture, Industrial Fine Art and Design, Science and Technology is ongoing with permission from the Organization they are placed. They were allowed to continue and hope the departments conducted supervision and awaiting results.
- Semester II for May Intake (Cohort I) will be joined together with the August Intake (Cohort II) Semester Two when time is due.
- The roadmap that was guiding before has been amended due to the Lockdown.
- Teaching load and integrated teaching timetables should be prepared and submitted to the Academic Registrar.
ARUHO ABDON RUTEGA