Dean of Students
The office of the dean of students has its mandate from the National Council of Higher Education (NCHE) and the University charter as a coordinating office between students and the University Administration. This office acts as a linkage for all students’ affairs and ensures the well-being of students for their entire stay at Bishop Stuart University.
- To help students find hostels for accommodation
- To oversee all the other units under the dean of students’ office.
- To ensure the safety of students while on campus and in hostels.
- Guide students into right conduct/discipline.
- Settle disputes among students with students, students with the community, and students with staff.
- Help students develop or put their talents in practice through different activities like Cultural Gara, sports, debate competition, leadership activities to mention but a few.
- Oversee students’ associations
- Oversee guild activities
- Orient first years into a University environment
- Ensure the safety of international students and assistance needed for a peaceful settlement and education within the university and nation at large.
- Ensure support for students with special needs when the need arises.
- To act as a mediator between administration and students
The office offers a number of services related to the welfare of students.
These services include;
- Overseeing the university clinic
- Students Guild
- Counseling unit
- Student’s accommodation