Procedure for Application
i. Applicants should attach copy of their academic documents starting with O’level results or equated documents (for international students).
ii. Applicants should attach a copy of their National identity card or migration certificate (for international students).
iii. PhD Applicants must have a written concept paper attached for easy processing of their admission letters.
How to Apply Online
- Login to admissions.bsu.ac.ug
- Sign up using your Phone Number or E-Mail address and set up a new preferred password.
- After signing up, log in to the portal with a combination of two inputs (Email Address and your new set password)
- Click on My Applications to select a Scheme from the available running and advertised schemes ie Direct-Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D.
- Click Apply Now button to fill out a form and select the programme of your choice.
- To pay for the form, click Pay for Form button under My Applications. A reference number will be generated. Carry it to the Bank and Pay. Alternatively, you can pay for the form using mobile money through the same procedure. Please note that your form will not be received by the University if you have not paid.
- More details on how to apply online
- More information on how to make form payments using Mobile Money
Application Form Fees
- Application fee for Undergraduate Programmes is Ugx. 30,000 (thirty thousand shillings only)
- Application fee for Postgraduate Programmes is Ugx. 50,000 (fifty thousand shillings only)
- Application fee for Ph.D. programs is Ugx. 100,000 (one hundred thousand shillings only)
- A commitment fee of Ugx. 100,000 is paid at the time of picking your admission letter.
- Application fee is paid after generating a Payment Reference Number by visiting payments.bsu.ac.ug (for Physical Application Forms only).
- Please note that payment by cash to any officer at BSU is not allowed. All the fees are paid through banks integrated with BSU finance system ie. POST BANK, MILLENIUM SACCO 2012 Ltd, Absa Bank, Equity Bank, Stanbic Bank and DFCU all you need is to create a Payment Reference Number.
- All Programmes are privately sponsored. Therefore, applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees.
- The Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB) loan scheme under the Government of Uganda supports science-related Programmes at Bishop Stuart University. To process this loan scheme one must have applied for a programme and be admitted at BSU first.
- The Prof. Enoka Rukare Family Scholarship is available for the Bachelor of Education Programme and covers only tuition. Read more about this scholarship.
Important to note;
- An applicant with a diploma of the same bachelor course directly joins year two and does the course for 2 years except for Bachelor of Science in Animal Health and Production, Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Nursing Science.
- An applicant with a relevant Postgraduate Diploma of the same Master’s programme directly joins year two for research and does the course for 1 year.
Follow this link to download a PDF with the full fees structure for all programmes (2024/2025)