Nakidde Gladys is the Head of Department, Department of Nursing and a Lecturer at Bishop Stuart University. She is a PhD Fellow at the Pan African University of Life and Earth Sciences (PAULESI), University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Gladys holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education (PGDME) from Makerere University, a Master of Nursing Science (MNS) from Uganda Christian University and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BNS) from Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
She is greatly interested in holistic nursing care, education and research with the aim of discovering better and improved ways of service delivery. She gives great priority to exercising evidence-based practice, utilizing every acquired knowledge and skill to benefit clients.
Her research interests are mainly in non-communicable diseases, related to maternal and mental health.
|2021 to date||Pan African University of Life and Earth Sciences (PAULESI), University of Ibadan, Nigeria||PhD Fellow (Reproductive Health)|
|2018-2019||Makerere University, Uganda||Postgraduate diploma in medical education (PGDME)|
|2012-2018||Uganda Christian University, Mukono, Uganda||Master of Nursing Science (MNS)|
|2006-2010||Mbarara University of science and technology, Uganda||Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BNS)|
|2004-2005||St Josephs Girls’ SSS, Nsambya, Uganda||Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)|
|2000-2003||St Lawrence SS, Ssonde, Namugongo, Uganda||Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)|
|1993-1999||Kanyanya Church of Uganda Primary school-Kampala, Uganda||Primary Leaving Examination Certificate (PLE)|
Currently, Nakidde Gladys is the research coordinator at the Nursing Department of Bishop Stuart University since 2012. She also supervises a minimum of six students per year since 2012.
- Gladys Nakidde1, 2* Edward Kumakech3 and John. F. Mugisha1, 4. Maternal mental health screening and management by health workers in southwestern Uganda: A qualitative analysis of knowledge, practices, and challenges. BMC Pregnancy and childbirth
- Gladys Nakidde1, Eve Katushabe1, Ronald Kamoga2, Knowledge and Practices of Self-Care among People with Diabetes in Mbarara City, South Western Uganda: A Cross Sectional Study in the Regional Referral Hospital. Students’ Journal of Health Research, Africa
- Ronald Kamoga, Gladys Nakidde, Kintu Mugagga, Grace Muwanga, Amadi O. Ihunwo (2021): Anatomical Variation and Distribution of the Vagus Nerve in the eosophageal hiatus in a Ugandan population. Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy 43:1243–1248
- Ronald Kamoga, Godfrey Z. Rukundo, Edith K. Wakida, Gladys Nakidde, Celestino Obua & Stephanie S. Buss (2019): Dementia assessment and diagnostic practices of healthcare workers in rural southwestern Uganda: a cross-sectional qualitative study. BMC Health Services Research 19(1):1005. doi: 10.1186/s12913-019-4850-2
- Humphrey Atwijukiire1, Gladys Nakidde, Anne Otwiine Tweheyo1, Jane Kabami2 Experiences of HIV Serostatus Disclosure among Discordant Couples in Mbarara City, Southwestern Uganda. HIV/AIDS – Research and Palliative Care
- Meble Kasande, Michael Taremwa, Happiness Tusimiirwe, Kabiite Lamulatu, Mark Amanyire, Gladys Nakidde & Jane Kabami (2022). Experiences and Perceptions on Community Client-Led ART Delivery (CCLADS) Model of Antiretroviral (ART) Delivery: Patients’ and Providers’ Perspectives in South Western Uganda. HIV/AIDS – Research and Palliative Care
MANUSCRIPTS SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION
- Annah Nuwampaire, Hadija Lukowe, Winfred Turyasingura, Ambrose Kamugasha, Isaac Akena, Ronald Kamoga, and Gladys Nakidde, Adoption and challenges to implementation of school-based prevention strategies for sexual violence among primary school children in Sheema district, south-western Uganda submitted in PLOS ONE Journal.
- Wamaani H1, Sheruramukama J1, Ampiire P1, Kebirungi J1, Nduhura L1, Tayebwa N1, Biira E1, Nakidde G., Kabami, J1, Maling S2 Luwaga R1* Perceptions of older people living with HIV towards alcohol consumption and HAART adherence in South Western Uganda, HIV/AIDS – Research and Palliative Care
- Eve Katushabe, Gladys Nakidde, Rachel Luwaga. Intimate Partner Violence Experience and Coping Strategies among Pregnant Women in South-western Uganda: A Qualitative study” journal International Journal of Women’s Health
|2019 to date||Bishop Stuart University (BSU), Uganda||Lecturer, Department of Nursing, Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences|
|November 2011 to 2019||Bishop Stuart University (BSU), Uganda||Teaching Assistant, Department of Nursing|
|2011 (August to November)||International Institute of Health Sciences (IIHS), Jinja, Uganda||Clinical Instructor|
|August 2010 to July 2011||Mengo Hospital, Kampala Uganda||Intern Nurse|
|2021||Research and Proposal Writing in the Sciences||Author AID project coordinated by INASP|
|2021||Data Analysis with STATA software||PAULESI, University of Ibadan, Nigeria|
|2021||Article and proposal writing||PAULESI, University of Ibadan, Nigeria|
|2019||Grants writing||Mbarara University Research Training Initiative (MURTI) in partnership with BSU|
|2019||Responsible conduct of research||Mbarara University Research Training Initiative (MURTI) in partnership with BSU|
|2016||Good clinical practice and qualitative analysis of research||Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST)|
|2015||Communication and customer care||Bishop Stuart University (BSU)|
|2012||Micro research training||MUST and Health Child, Uganda|
NON – CERTIFIED COURSES/TRAINING
2021: NVIVO Training (University of Ibadan)
2021: Advanced Research Methodology from PAULESI
2021: Critical Thinking in Reproductive Health Research (PAULESI)
2021: Data Analysis and Interpretation (PAULESI)
2021: Demography and population studies (PAULESI)
2019: E-learning training (BSU)
2019: Immunisation updates (Ministry of Health, Uganda)
2015: Quality assurance training (BSU)
2009: Palliative care, at Hospice, Mbarara (MUST)
2008: Health unit management at Mbarara National Referral and Teaching Hospital