Joan Kyarimpa Ndamira is the Head of Department, Department of Languages, Literature and Media Studies, a Department under the Faculty of Education Arts and Media Studies
She holds a Master of Arts in Literature and Communication obtained from Bishop Stuart University in 2019, and a Master of Arts in Development Studies, B.A. (Education).
She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in Literature at Moi University, Kenya (2022- to date).
- Ph.D. in Literature on track – Moi University, Kenya (2022- to date)
- Master of Arts in Literature and Communication – Bishop Stuart University (2016-2019)
- Master of Arts in Development Studies – Mbarara University of Science and Technology (2004-2006)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management – Mbarara University of Science and Technology (2003-2004 )
- Bachelor of Arts in Education – Makerere University (1995-1998)
- Certificate in Gender Studies – Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa [Dakar, Senegal] (June 2009 )
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education – Maryhill High School (1993-1995)
|2006 to date||Bishop Stuart University||Lecturer|
|2004 to 2005||Bishop Stuart University||Assistant Lecturer|
|2020-2022||Ntare School||Education Officer|
|2003-2020||Mbarara High School||Education Officer|
|1999-2003||St. Henry’s College Kitovu||Education Officer|
- Member of the National working group of a CODESRIA Gender Institute entitled ‘Challenges of Female Faculty in a Rural University setting” is also at the manuscript level.
- ‘Plan for Modernization of Agriculture and Decentralization’ thesis published for the award of Master of Arts in Development Studies.
- “Challenges of Female Faculty in a Rural University setting”. Submitted journal paper for participation in the 2009 CODESRIA Gender Institute (also at the manuscript level)
- ‘A Fictional Depiction of Immigrant Experiences in the Diaspora’. Thesis submitted for the award of Master of Arts in Literature and Communication thesis