Dr. Ronald Bahati is a seasoned researcher in the field of mental health focusing on stigma, depression, substance use, and suicidality among vulnerable and marginalized populations.
He holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology attained from Mbarara University of Science and Technology, a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management from Uganda Management Institute, and a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from Uganda Christian University.
He is a Psychologist, Educationist and Project Management Expert with over 10 years of experience. He has expertise in project planning and management, planning and executing trainings in psychosocial support, Curriculum Review and Design, Counselling, coaching, community mobilization, research, report writing, monitoring and evaluation as well as mentoring others.
Dr. Ronald is currently a senior lecturer at Bishop Stuart University in the Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences and a Research Ethics and Grants Coordinator in the Directorate of Graduate Studies, Research and Innovations.
He previously served as an Assistant Quality Assurance Officer at the same institution (2016 to 2019).
- Doctor of Philosophy – Clinical Psychology, Mbarara University of Science and Technology (2018 – 2023)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, Uganda Management Institute, Kampala (2010 – 2011)
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Uganda Christian University- Mukono (2005 – 2008)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education, Uganda Christian University- Mukono (2001 – 2004)
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE), Kanjuki Sec. School Kayunga
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE), (1998), Uganda Martyrs’ Cent. Sec. School-Kangulumira
Ronald Bahati, Scholastic Ashaba, Cathy Denise Sigmund, Godfrey Zari Rukundo, Herbert Elvis Ainamani (2023) Gender differences in substance use and the associated factors among urban refugees. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. https://doi.org/10.1080/20008066.2023.2238583
Bahati, R., Ainamani, H. E., Ashaba, S., Sigmund, C. D., & Rukundo, G. Z. (2022). Refugee Stigma and Its Association with Depression Symptom Severity : Findings from Urban Refugees Living in Mbarara City , Southwestern Uganda. Open Journal of Psychiatry, 12(04), 296–310. https://doi.org/10.4236/ojpsych.2022.124022
Bahati, R., Zari, G., Denise, C., Elvis, H., & Ashaba, S. (2022). Perceptions and Attitudes of the Local Community towards Urban Refugees Living in Mbarara City , Southwestern Uganda : A Cross-Sectional Study. Students Journal of Health Research Africa, 1–10. https://doi.org/10.51168/sjhrafrica.v3i3.93
Akankunda, S., Najjuma, J. N., Tayebwa, S., Byamugisha, B., Ariho, S., & Bahati, R. (2022). The Role of Mass Media Campaigns in Improving Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy Among Adolescents Living with HIV in Southwestern Uganda. HIV/AIDS – Research and Palliative Care, 14(August), 397–407. https://doi.org/10.2147/HIV.S375789
Herbert E. Ainamani, Roland Weierstall-Pust, Ronald Bahati, Anne Otwine, Sam Tumwesigire & Godfrey Z. Rukundo (2022) Post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and the associated factors among children and adolescents with a history of maltreatment in Uganda, European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 13:1, 2007730, DOI: 10.1080/20008198.2021.2007730
Bahati, R., & Karungi, M. (2020). Student Evaluation as an Impetus for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions: The Experience Of Bishop Stuart University. African Multidisciplinary Journal of Research.
Bahati, R, Novatus, N, & Muganga, G. (2017) Perceived Factors Influencing Drug Abuse among University Students in Western Uganda. International Journal of Scientific Research DOI: https://doi.org/10.21275/ART20177583
Ronald Bahati (2014) Forgiveness as an intervention for managing traumatic experiences in wounded communities: [Book Chapter] International Ecumenical Fellowship – Africa Conference ISSN 2311-7532
Ronald Bahati (2012) The nexus between mental health and sustainable development: [Book Chapter] Journal of Development Issues 4th Edition URI: http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/102
- The Influence of Covid 19 on the Social Economic Welfare Of Refuges: A Case Of Nakivale Refugee Settlement By Prossy Kobusingye Reg No: 21/BSU/MAPAM/1883
- Information Communication Technology Utilization And Records Management In Secondary Schools In Sheema District Southwestern Uganda By Kyoshabire Patience Reg No: 19/BSU/MEAP/014
- Exposure to Childhood Corporal Punishment, Aggression and self-esteem among University Students in Mbarara Municipality By Nzitukuze Lilian Reg No: 17/BSU/MScCP/003
- Exposure to intimate partner violence and self-esteem among school going adolescents in Mbarara Municipality By Ampaire Sheilla Reg No: 17/BSU/MScCP/008
- Exposure to psychological harassment and self-esteem among secondary school adolescents in Nyamitanga division Mbarara municipality. By Atuhaire Rosette Reg No: 17/BSU/MScCP/009
- Prevalence and risk factors for traumatic fistula among refugee women Nakivale Refugee settlement camp By Opio Bosco Odongo Reg No: 17/BSU/MPH/023
- Head teachers’ leadership style and teachers’ job performance at secondary school level in Mbarara Municipality South Western Uganda By Karenzi Colleb Reg No: 17/BSU/MEAP/014
- School Environment and Learners’ Engagement in Universal Primary Education Schools in Kitwe Town Council, Ntungamo District. By Mwesigwa Ambrose Reg No: 17/BSU/MEAP/025
- Knowledge, attitudes and perceptions of Cervical Cancer among the youth: a cross sectional study among the students of eight selected secondary schools in Buhweju and Kisoro districts By Ngabirano Jassent Reg No 22/BSU/PhD-DM/002
- The Influence of financial inclusion on refugee women economic empowerment in Nakivale Settlement By Kiconco Natukunda Reg No 22/BSU/PhD-Ph/004
- Perceptions, Barriers and facilitators in the Integration of secondary schools By Safran Neema Reg No 22/BSU/PhD-DM/006
- Association Between Physical Activity And Wellbeing Among Adults In Mbarara City, Western Uganda By B. Aida Reg No: 19/BSU/MPH/018
- Traumatic Stress And Psychological Wellbeing Of Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Living In Oruchinga Refugee Settlement South Western Uganda By Atuhurire Irene Reg No: 19/BSU/MSCP/003
- Online Teaching And Learning In Public Secondary Schools In Sheema District By Barekye Barisigara Reg No: 19/BSU/MEAP/024
- Social Media Usage And Intimate Partner Violence Among Couples In Mbarara City By Immaculate Nasaasira Reg No: 18/BSU/MSW/001
- Disability And Self-Esteem Among Adolescents In Kabale Municipality By Nickolas Ndamira Reg No: 20/BSU/MSC.CP/3025
- Community Participation And School Infrastructure Development In Selected Secondary Schools Of Isingiro District By James Mulinda Reg: No: 20/BSU/MEAP/3178
- Risk Factors For Intimate Partner Violence Against Men In Kitagwenda District: A Case Of Kicheche Sub County And Mahyoro Town Council By Mugarura Edison
- Effect Of Classroom Environment On The Teaching And Learning Of Primary School Pupils In Nyabushozi County Kiruhura District By Jacklean Kyakuwadde Reg No: 22/BSU/ MEAP/1482
- The Influence Of School Practice On Pre-Service Teachers Competence In Secondary Schools Of Mbarara City By Charles Bitarinsha Lwanga Reg No: 20/BSU/MEAP/3165
- Early Involvement in Sexual Behaviour and Factors Associated among Adolescent Girls in Oruchinga Refugee Settlement in Isingiro District By Suzan Kabajuma Reg No: 20/BSU/MSC.CP/3025