Dr. Johnson Atwiine is currently a Caretaker at the Directorate of Graduate Studies, Research and Innovations (DGSRI), a Research Coordinator at the Department of Economics, Statistics and Tourism Management and a committee member of Curriculum Review and Assessors at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Governance at Bishop Stuart University.
He has over ten (10) years of lecturing experience in different areas including Human Resources Management, General Management, Business Communication, Business Plan Writing, Research Methods and Strategic Management. He holds a Ph.D.in Development Management (Human Resources Management) from Bishop Stuart University, a Master of Science in Human Resources Management, from Uganda Christian University and a Bachelor of Arts in Education from Uganda Christian University.
He has served as a team leader, and examiner at Uganda Business Technical Examination Board. Johnson has also participated in curriculum development and course reviews at the National Council for Higher Education. He has published research articles in peer-reviewed journals and supervised postgraduate students’ research projects. He is a seasoned Consultant in Managing Human Resources, Human Resource Planning, due diligence reporting, capacity building, business plans, research and surveys serving as an Associate Consultant at Uganda Management Institute (UMI).
Research Interests: Passionate about Human Resources and performance issues in the Health Sector (Ministry of Health Uganda).
1. 2016-2022: PhD in Development Management (Human Resources Management), Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara. Thesis – Organisational Motivation and Performance of Health Centre IV Workers in Selected Districts of South Western Uganda
2. 2008-2010: Masters of Science in Human Resources Management (MSc.HRM), Uganda Christian University, Mukono. Dissertation – Motivation and Performance of Private Teachers in Lugazi Municipality: Buikwe District.
3. 2003 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAED), Uganda Christian University, Mukono.
- August 2023: Caretaker, Directorate of Graduate School, Research and Innovations, Bishop Stuart University
- 2012 up to date: Lecturer, Human Resources Management, Faculty of Business, Economics and Governance, Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara.
- 2013-2015: Centre Administrator, Management Training and Advisory Centre (MTAC), Mbarara Branch
- 2010- 2018: Consultant, Human Resource Management, General Management and other Business related courses, Management Training & Advisory Centre (MTAC) – Mbarara Branch.
- 2008-2011: Teaching Assistant, Human Resource Management and Other Management courses, Faculty of Business & Development Studies, Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara.
Research and Publications
- Atwiine (2017), A hand book of Human Resource Management, (1st), Arrow graphics publishers, Kampala.
- Atwiine, J (2019), “Assessing Monitoring and Evaluation strategies on Youth livelihood program in Isingiro District. Journal Article (International journal for Research and Development).
- Atwiine,J,Atukunda,G&Tumwesigye,W(2020),Organizational Commitment an performance of Health centres IV Workers in greater Mbarara District; International Journal of research &Publications ,Vol. No. 52,Issue 1,May,2020
- Atwiine,J,Atukunda,G&Tumwesigye,W(2021),Rewards and Performance of Health Centres IV Workers in Greater Mbarara,District;International Journal of Scientific research,Vol.10,Issue 6,2021
- Atwiine,J,Namanya David (2021),The influence of gender diversity and company financial performance in East Africa; African journal of Business Management,2021
- Wycliffe, T., Johnson, A., & Bobe, B. (2021). Effect of Climate Change on Soil Health and Implications on Food Security.
- Tinka, K. S., Atukunda, G., & Atwiine, J. (2022). Motivation and Retention of Workers in Faith-based Organisations: A Case Study of Child Development Centre Projects of Ankole East African Journal of Traditions, Culture and Religion, 5(1), 41-50.
- Musika, Japheth, Johnson Atwiine, and Juliet Kembabazi. (2023) Human Resource Functions and Job Performance in Public Institutions in Kamwenge District Local Government.” East African Journal of Arts and Social Sciences 6, no. 1 (2023): 69-77.
Graduate Students Supervised
- Japheth Musika: Human Resource Functions and Job performance in Public institutions. A Case Study of Kamwenge District (MAPAM)
- Kusasira Tinka: Motivation and Retention of Workers in Faith-based Institutions. A Case Study of Ankole Diocese (MAPAM)
- Kobusingye Lilian: Working conditions and performance of employees at Ibanda District Local Government (MAPAM).
- Turyasasirwa Edith: Management Styles and Employee Performance in Local Government. A case study of Mitooma District (MAPAM).
Internal Examination (thesis and dissertations)
- Asiimwe Hillary (MBA): Price wars and Sales performance among carbonated drink manufacturers in South Western Uganda.
- Nabimanya Boaz (MSECM): Agriculture cooperative services and farmers’ welfare in Western Uganda. A case study of Ankole Coffee Producers Cooperative Union Limited (ACPCU LTD).
- Masiko Nelson (MBA): Cash Management and Financial Performance of Private Secondary Schools in Ibanda Municipality
- Ocedu Simon (MSW): Lived Experiences and perception of teenage Mothers towards access and utilisation of Antenatal Care services in Nakivale Refugee Camp, Isingiro District
- Ayoo Lilian (MMU) Marketing strategies and Sales performance in commercial banks. A case study of Fort portal region
- Akankatsa Wycliffe (MMU) Financial literacy and financial behaviour of boda boda operators in Fort Portal City
- Baluku Herbert (MMU) Human Resource Planning and organisational performance. A case study of Kasese District.
- Balitebiya Johnn (MMU) Management Accounting practices and financial performance of secondary schools in Uganda. A Case Study of Christ School-Bundibugyo District
- Kule Coroniel (MMU) Micro Financial services and development of rural households in Kyondo sub county-Kasese District
- Kule Geofrey Kalemire (MMU) Financial Management and Performance of non-governmental organisations in Uganda. A case of International Alert Uganda.
- External examiner, Faculty of Business and Management Sciences at Mountains of the Moon University Fort Portal, 2023.
- Departmental Coordinator Timetable and Load Allocation assisting Head of Department (2012-2014)
- Departmental Coordinator of Human Resource Management programs at Bishop Stuart University (Economics, Statistics and Tourism Management) (2012-update)
- Departmental Chair member of Quality Assurance at Bishop Stuart University (Economics and Environmental Management) (2015-2017)
- Program Development and reviews at Faculty of Business, Economics and Governance- Bishop Stuart University
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management (BHRM) Accredited by NCHE (2012)
- Diploma in Human Resource Management (DHRM) Accredited by NCHE (2012)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGD-HRM) Accredited by NCHE (2020)
- Masters of Science in Human Resource Management (MSc.HRM) Accredited by NCHE (2022)
- Departmental Chair member of Field study and internship (Economics, Statistics and Tourism Management, Bishop Stuart University) (2012-2014)
- Departmental Chair member of Research and Publications (Economics, Statistics and Tourism Management, Bishop Stuart University) (2012-2014)
- Programs Review at Management Training and Advisory Centre (MTAC) (2014-2015)
- Appointed as Programmes Assessor (Human Resources Management/Business Studies) by National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) –April 2019 update.
- Chief Examiner and Item Writer of Management-related Courses at Uganda Business Technical Examination Board (UBTEB) Marking Centres, 2018 and up-to-date.
- Research Coordinator, Department of Economics, Statistics and Tourism Management, Bishop Stuart University (2018-to date)