Baluku Watsema is an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Business and Entrepreneurship, Faculty of Business, Economics, and Governance at Bishop Stuart University. He is a PhD student in Business administration at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) and a level 2 CPA student with the Institute of Certified Public Accounts in Uganda (ICPAU).
He holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in Accounting and Finance from Bishop Stuart University.
|2022 to date||Mbarara University of Science and Technology||PhD – Accounting and Finance Student.|
|2022 to date||Institute of Certified Public Accountants Uganda (ICPAU)||CPA Level 2 in Progress|
|2016 – 2019||Bishop Stuart University||Master of Business Administration (MBA – Finance)|
|2013-2016||Bishop Stuart University||Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA – Accounting and Finance)|
|2011-2012||Hillside Secondary School-Kyanduli, Bwera-Kasese||Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)|
|2004-2007||Kuruhe High School||Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)|
|1997-2003||Kitswamba SDA Primary School||Primary Living Examinations (PLE)|
- Baluku Watsema1, Arthur Nuwagaba2 & Agume Anthony (2019), Loan assessment and financial performance of SACCOs in Mbarara city. Evidence of selected SACCOs in Mbarara City. https://ir.bsu.ac.ug//handle/20.500.12284/378.
- Ayebare Edgar1, Baluku Watsema2, Katisme Nicson3, Nagaaba Nickson4(2023), Market Risk Management and Financial Performance of Commercial Banks in Mbarara City Evidence of Centenary Bank Mbarara Branch. Volume-02-Issue-05 – AJMRR Journal
- Masiko Nelson1, Baluku Watsema2, Nuwagaba Arthur3, Nagaaba Nickson4, (2023), Cash Planning and Financial Performance of Private Secondary Schools in Ibanda Municipality, Ibanda District- Western Uganda.Volume-02-Issue-02 – AJMRR Journal
- Kanyesigye Charity1, Baluku Watsema2, Agume K. Anthony3, Atwiine Daniel Wanito4 (2022), Descriptive Connection Between Credit Standards and Profitability of Selected SACCOs in Mbarara City.https://www.arjhss.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/A570107.pdf
- January 2020 up to date: Assistant Lecturer, Bishop Stuart University
- January 2018 up to date: Item writer and Examiner, UBTEB (Uganda Business and Technical Examination Board)
- August 2016 up to date: Lecturer, Development Studies Centre Development Studies Centre, Mbarara
Seminars and Workshops Attended
- 15th Mbarara University of Science and Technology Annual Research Dissemination Conference (ARDC 2019) at Igongo Cultural Centre & Country Hotel – Mbarara on November 22nd, 2019.
- Research workshop on 18th March 2019 Bishop Stuart University facilitated by Prof. Laura.
- 14th Mbarara University of Science and Technology Annual Research Dissemination Conference (ARDC 2018) at Lake View Resort Hotel – Mbarara on November 23
- Business and Entrepreneurship organized by the Department of Business Studies (BSU-April 2016)
- Guild Leaders and Deans of Student Conference (Busoga University- September 2015)
- Health and Environment (BSU- February-March 2018)
- Child Protection organized by Compassion International (Kasese District- April 2013)