Assoc. Prof. Gershom Atukunda (Ph.D.) is the current Director, Graduate Studies, Research and Innovations at Bishop Stuart University. He also served as a Dean Faculty of Business, Economics and Governance at the same institution. Prof. Gershom holds an MA in development studies and a Ph.D. in the same area under the mentorship of Professors Murindwa Rutanga and Mushemeza. Gershom has attended and presented in International conferences within East Africa and Sudan. Recently Gershom was appointed Chairman Board of Education for Ankole Diocese.
He has competencies in competencies in Quantitative methods (QM), Basic/Business Statistics, Research methods both at Graduate and Undergraduate levels, Management skills improvement, Human Resource Management, Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E), Participatory Development Methodologies, Public Policy and Management, Public Sector Management; Theory and Practice, Environment and Sustainable Development, Vulnerability, Gender and Management/Development, Urbanisation and Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Adaptation and Management/Development, Integrated Rural Development among others. Download my CV here
- Ph.D. (Dev’t studies) – Bishop Stuart University (2012)
- PGD(M&E) – Uganda Management Institute (2015)
- Postgraduate Cert. in Research Methods and Writing Skills – C B R (Kololo) (2009)
- MA (Development Studies) – Uganda Martyrs University (2003)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) – Makerere University (1996)
- BSC. (HONS) Geography 3:1:1 – Makerere University (1995)
- Certificate in Project Planning and Management – Institute of Adult and Continuing Education (MAK) (1995).
- UACE (Private) – Kebisoni High School (1992).
Atwine Johnson, Gershom Atukunda, Wycliffe Tumwesigye, Organisational Commitment and Performance of Health Centres IV Workers in Greater Mbarara, South Western Uganda. International Journal of Research Publications, Volume-52, Issue-1, May (2020). ISBN- 2708-3578 (online)
Atukunda Gershom, Population Growth and Land Degradation in South-West Uganda. VDM Verlag Dr.Mullar GmbH & CO. KG Germany (2011).
Atukunda Gershom, Urbanisation and Environmental Sustainability. VDM Verlag Dr. Mullar GmbH & CO. KG Germany (2011).
Moses Tukwasibwe, Atukunda Gershom and Emmanuel Ahabwe, Challenges of Teaching and Research in a new Private University: Bishop Stuart University: Journal of development Issues (2009).
Atukunda Gershom, Women and Elections in Uganda; Challenges and Opportunities for Gender Equality and Development-Journal of development Issues, BSU (2011).
Atukunda Gershom, Climate change, Adaptation and Development.’ A study Mannual( 2015) (2015). ISBN- 978-9979-9326-149
Atukunda Gershom, “Urban Expansion and Sustainable Development”(Book 2015) (2015). ISBN- 978-9979-9326-12
Niyongere Pierre Celestin, Gershom Atukunda and Roberts Muriisa K, ‘The Effect of Forest Management Initiatives on Sustainability of Forests: Evidence from Uganda. International Journal of Science and Research Paper ID: ART20179862, Vol 7 Issue 2, February (2018). ISBN- 2319-7064
Goretty Nagawa, Gershom Atukunda, Milton Nuwabimpa and Doreen Atwongyeire, Community Perceptions towards the Implications of human activity on River Rwizi Sustainability; International Journal of Earth Sciences, ISSSN2321-2527, VOL.6(7),1-8, July (2018).
Atukunda Gershom, Dynamics of Urban and Rural Linkages in Uganda; Exploring the Effects, Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Rural Development. Journal of African Interdisciplinary Studies (JAIS) ISSN 2523-6725 (online) Volume 2,Number 9, September (2018).
Twinomujuni Joshua; Atukunda Gershom and Muganga George, Sustainable Waste Management Practices for Urban Growth and Development in Uganda: a Case of Kamukuzi Division Mbarara Municipality. Journal of African Interdisciplinary Studies (JAIS) ISSN 2523-6725 (online) Vol 2, No.10, October (2018).
Other publications Download my CV here
- Urban and rural linkages
- Environment and sustainable development
- Gender development
- Climate Change
Innovations and won Research Grants
- Nov.2017: Member of the Project Winning Team to establish an Agribusiness Incubation Hub at Bishop Stuart University in Partnership with Excel Hort Consult
- March 2018 todate: Member of the Agribusiness Incubation Hub Project Implementation Team, In-charge of Smart Business Training in the Hub.
- March 2018-todate: Member of the Innovations Committee of the Agribusiness Incubation Hub.
- 2016: Goretty Nagawa; Gershom Atukunda; Milton Nuwabiimpa; Doreen Atwongyeire: Bsu won Grant on ‘Assessment of Community Practices and Strategies towards Conservation of River Rwizi’.