Bishop Stuart University is a growing Charted private University founded in 2002 by Ankole Diocese of the Province of the Anglican Church of Uganda and located in Kakoba, Mbarara, 31/2 km from Mbarara City Center.
Vision: To be a University for recreating the African society with academic excellence, entrepreneurship and Christian values.
Mission: To produce multi-sectoral leaders/operators who know the way, show the way and go the way.
The Office of the University Secretary now seeks to recruit competent, skilled, passionate, experienced, innovative and interested applicants to fill the full-time position of Academic Registrar.
|Job Title||Academic Registrar (1)|
Qualifications and Experience
- Should have a Ph.D. degree with an excellent record in teaching, research and administration.
- At least ten years of working experience, five of which must be at Management level in a reputable Institution of higher learning.
- Should have a broad knowledge of academic systems.
- Prior experience in Curriculum development, teaching, research and publication.
- Must be industrious, self-driven and ready to work for long hours.
- Must be computer literate and able to deliver results in time.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
- Good track record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
- Ability to actively participate in professional development activities.
- Be innovative, creative and able to think strategically
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and management of the Academic Registrar’s Department, which includes: advertising programs and courses, handling students’ applications, admissions, registration, curriculum development, teaching and learning, and assessment.
- Responsible for production of students’ academic documents, Graduation ceremonies and alumni-related activities.
- Manage all academic matters, admission, and registration of Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
- Ensure Management, maintenance and development of the students’ database and records system.
- Responsible for coordination and management of all University Examination Processes, Research, Graduate Studies, Regulations, Syllabus and Staff Development.
- Serve as Secretary to Senate and all its Committees.
- Ensure that academic ceremonies such as graduation are successfully organized.
- Responsible for the initiation of academic policies, statutes and providing technical guidance to Senate.
- Responsible for collaborative linkages with institutions and organizations whose mandate relates to University Education.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
Interested candidates should attach the following:
- Curriculum Vitae with three of their email and contact addresses.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s work
- Copies of relevant Academic Documents
- Recommendation letter from a Church Leader
- Marriage Certificate if applicable
- Submit twelve (12) copies of the application letter, together with the latest copies of your Curriculum Vitae and your Academic Documents (clearly labeled with the position being applied for) to the address below not later than TWO (2) weeks from the date of this publication.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- Please apply to the address below and hand-deliver the Application to Bishop Stuart University in the University Secretary’s Office.
- The Applicant must be a person of high integrity, within the age bracket of 40-55 years.
To: The University Secretary
Bishop Stuart University.
P. O. Box 09
Assiimwe Annah Tibazindwa