Nazziwa Lukiya is a Lecturer at Bishop Stuart University under the Department of Science Education, Faculty of Education, Arts and Media Studies. She is a PhD student at Mabarara University of Science and Technology (MUST).
Lukiya holds a Master of Science (Physics), a Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies (Project Planning and Management) PGD (PPM), from Mabarara University of Science and Technology (MUST), a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) from Kyambogo University and a Diploma in Education from the Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK).
- 2019/2020 -Up to date: Ph.D. Student, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Mabarara University of Science and Technology (MUST). Thesis Title: Modelling of Ion Acoustic Solitary Structures (IASS) in Magnetized three Component Electron-Positron-Ion Plasma
- 2010-2014: Masters of Science (Physics), Mabarara University of Science and Technology (MUST). Dissertation Title: Non-linear Ion Acoustic Waves in Electrons – Positron – Ion Plasma with non – Thermal Electrons.
- 2011 -2012: Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies (project planning and Management) PGD (PPM), MUST, Uganda. Thesis Title: ICT, Gender Quality, and Women Empowerment
- 2006 – 2008: Bachelors of Education (B.Ed), Kyambogo University – Uganda. Dissertation Title: Impact of Instructional Materials on the Teaching and Learning Process of Science Subjects.
- 1993 – 1995: Diploma in Education, Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK). Physics/Mathematics – Uganda
- 2016 – to-date: Lecturer Physics – Bishop Stuart University (BSU)
- 2013 – 2016: Assistant Lecturer – Kabale University
- 2016 – 2018: Director of Studies, Nyamitanga Secondary School
- 2016: Caretaker Headteacher, Nyamitanga Secondary School
- 2007 – 2017: UNEB Examiner O’ Level Physics
- 2014 – 2016: Teachers Representatives on the Board of Governors, Nyamitanga S.S Director of Studies, Deputy Academic, Deputy Headteacher discipline, Nyamitanga Secondary school
- 2006 – 2016: Head of Department Mathematics, Assistant Director of Studies, Deputy Academic, Deputy Headteacher Discipline, Nyamitanga Secondary School.
- 2003 – 2005: Assistant Education Officer, Head of Department and Mathematics, Senior Woman Ngarama Secondary School Isingiro District – Uganda.
- Habumugisha, I; Anguma, S.K., Jurua, E, and Nazziwa, L. (2018) Dust ion-acoustic double layers in a 4 – component dusty plasma Doi: 10.1007/s12648 – 018 – 1169 – 5.
- Anguma, S. K., Habumugisha, I., Nazziwa, L. Jurua, E. and Noreen, N. (2017) Non-linear ion-acoustic solitary waves in electron-positron-ion plasmas with non-thermal electrons. Journal of Modern Physics, 8, 892-902.
MANUSCRIPTS ABOUT TO BE PUBLISHED
- Nazziwa, I Habumugisha and E. Jurua: Obliquely propagating nonlinear solitary waves in magnetized electron-positron ion plasmas.
- Nazziwa, I Habumugisha and E. Jurua: On Sagdeev potential Technique in magnetized e-p-i Plasmas.
- Online Workshop on How to Prepare and Give an Excellent Presentation offered by African Network for Women in Astronomy (Afnwa)- May 2021
- Training workshop on Vle (Virtual learning environment) organized by ICT Department, Bishop Stuart University from 13th to 14th August 2020
- “138 International Course on Astrophysics NASE-IAU’’ 13th to 14th May 2019, Organized by Network for Astronomy School Education Group of Internal Astronomical Union, in cooperation with Mbarara University of Science and Technology (Course of 20 hours).
- MSI workshop for the fabrication of physics teaching materials, organized by the Department of Physics, Makerere University from 9th to 11th July 2010.
- Cyber Certified Computer Teacher- Level 1 Training, Organized by Ministry of Education, Science, Schools Sports and Technology, 3rd to 5th September 2009.