Murangira Martin is a Lecturer at Bishop Stuart University in the Department of Business and Entrepreneurship, Faculty of Business, Economics, and Governance. He is a PhD Student at Makerere University (Business and Management). His research is based on the title “Performance Appraisal Satisfaction among Academic Staff of Public Universities in Uganda”.
Martin holds a Master’s Degree in Management Studies(HRM) and a PGD-HRM all from the Uganda Management Institute, a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Uganda Christian University (UCU), a Certificate in Administrative Law Process from LDC, Postgraduate Certificates in Project Planning and Management, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Entrepreneurship from COBAMS Makerere and MUBS respectively.
Martin has facilitated Business Administration and Management courses in various Higher Education Institutions including Makerere University Business School (MBA-HR options), Ankole Western University – Kabwohe, Kampala International University, Bishop Stuart University – Mbarara among others.
His research interests are in Management Skills Improvement/Principles of Management, Industrial Relations, Training of Trainers, HRP, Conflict Management, Change Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour, Industrial Psychology and Development, Communication, Leadership and Interpersonal Skills, Strategic Management, Leadership, Project Planning and Management and General Management.
Martin has supervised over six Postgraduate students at MBA-HR &MSc-HR options levels at MUBS, BSU and KIU. He has attended both national and international conferences- the latest being the 13th Operations Research of Eastern Africa (ORSEA) at the School of Business, Nairobi University-Kenya. Others include: Entrepreneurship workshop at MUBS, Research Workshop at the School of Civil Service, Jinja Uganda, and numerous research training workshops at MUST, MUBS, BSU, AWU, & KIU.
- 2015- Present: PhD in Business and Management- Makerere University. Research Title: Performance Appraisal Satisfaction by The Academic Staff of Public Universities in Uganda.
- September 2010 – March 2012: Masters of Management Studies, Uganda Management Institute. Thesis title: The Effect of Appraisal Practices on the Performance of Academic Staff at KIU.
- Sep 2009 – April 2010: Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, Uganda Management Institute.
- Sep 2004- Dec, 2007: Bachelor of Business Administration, Uganda Christian University.
- Certificate in Administrative Law and Process – LDC, Kampala
- Certificate in Computer Applications.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Project Planning and Management- Makerere University –College of Business and Management Sciences
- Post Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation- Makerere University –College of Business and Management Sciences
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship -MUBS
- E-learning techniques- PUM Experts, Kabwohe – Sheema
1. Lecturer (2018-Todate): Bishop Stuart University, Department of Business and Entrepreneurship
2. Lecturer (2010-2020): Faculty of Humanities and Management-Department of Business Studies Ankole Western University
3. Assistant Lecturer (2008-2021): Business and Management Faculty: Kampala International University-Western Campus.
4. Part-Time Lecturer (September 2017-2020): Faculty of Management, Department of Human Resources Management Makerere University Business School
5. Part time Lecturer (Feb-2015-2016): (Department of Economics and Environmental Management and Business Studies) -Bishop Stuart University. Mbarara
6. Head of Department Business Studies (2010-2016): Ankole Western University – Kabwohe
|NAME OF STUDENT||TOPIC||UNIVERSITY||YEAR OF COMPLETION|
|NSIIME VIOLA||Conflict Management Strategies and Organizational Performance||KIU-WC||JUNE, 2018|
|BAMUCUNGURA BRENDAH||The Status of Trade Unions in Business organisations in Uganda||KIU-WC||NOVEMBER, 2018|
|NDASIIME MOSES||Staff Incentives, Welfare Programs and Organizational Performance||Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara||AUGUST, 2019|
|TWESIIME ADDAMS||Training and Employee Performance in the Health Sector-Buhweju District||Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara||SEPTEMBER, 2019|
|NINSIIMA CHARLES||Monetary Rewards and Academic Performance Improvement in Ibanda Municipality||Bishop Stuart University, Mbarara||MARCH, 2021|
- HR Recruitment Process and Cooperation in Greater Bushenyi, UMI Journal-2015
- Psychological contract: The way to go for Uganda’s Universities – New Vision Dec 13, 2016. https://www.newvision.co.ug/news/1441988/psychological-contract-uganda-univesities
- Managing Stress at Work-New Vision 15th February 2019. https://www.newvision.co.ug/news/1494235/managing-stress