Karugaba Edgar is a Certified Public Accountant and Auditor with extensive expertise in the preparation of financial statements, management of budgets, auditing and implementing effective solutions that optimize the financial operations of business entities.
At Bishop Stuart University, he works as an accountant in the Finance Department. He is proficient in the implementation of effective accounting processes, best practices, internal controls, business risk identification/control and the application of regulatory standards such as IFRS and GAAP.
Edgar is currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration at Bishop Stuart University. He holds a CPA from the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda and a Bachelor of Microfinance from Kyambogo University.
- Master of Business Administration Student, Bishop Stuart University (2023 to date)
- Certified Public Accountant, Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (Sep 2021)
- Bachelor of Microfinance, Kyambogo University (Dec 2012)
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, St. Leo’s College Kyegobe (Dec 2008)
- Uganda Certificate of Education, St. Kagwa Bushenyi High School (Dec 2006)
- Accountant, Bishop Stuart University (July 2023 to date)
- Internal Audit Manager, Mabale Tea Growers Ltd (2021 – 2023)
- External Audit Supervisor, Ssekyali & Associates ( 2018 – 2021)
- Payables Accountant, Merit Grain Millers Ltd (2016 – 2018)
- Fleet Accountant, Merit Grain Millers Ltd (2014 – 2016)