|Job Title||Estates Manager (1)|
Main Purpose of the Post
The Estates Manager will be responsible for the planning, developing, controlling and coordinating all Estates functions for Bishop Stuart University Campuses. The estate manager supervises and manages the day-to-day operations of the estates department.
Strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills as well as good communication skills, excellent relationship management and communication skills, Sound knowledge in project management, strategic planning and budgeting, results-oriented, good report writing skills and computer literacy.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- The Estates Manager should hold an Honors Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The applicant should be a registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board of Uganda or the Architects Registration Board and a member of the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers.
- The candidate should have a minimum of six (6) years of experience in building construction and maintenance of physical infrastructure.
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Able and willing to work under pressure to improve the overall performance of the projects at BSU.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of the Estates department.
- Develop and formulate strategic technical specifications, plans and budgets for the buildings, plants and equipment of the University.
- Develop technical specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of furniture, parts, machinery and equipment as well as construction, rehabilitation, repair and maintenance of buildings.
- Prepare and specify quantities and costs of materials and labour required for projects according to design specifications for particular constructions on any of the sites for BSU.
- Coordinate the implementation of technical projects including construction, rehabilitation, repair and maintenance of physical infrastructure in order to ensure conformity to procedures and policies for BSU.
- Coordinate the preparation of planned, preventive and curative maintenance programmes and schedules.
- Plan and coordinate meetings with consultants, contractors, inspectors, engineers and other University personnel to ensure compliance with design specifications and maintenance of required standards.
- Investigate, safeguard and inspect BSU premises and offices to ensure that adequate protection measures exist for the assets, property and equipment.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance in the Estates department against set targets and objectives and also recommend appropriate action.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans in order to improve performance standards of the Estates department and BSU at large.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you by your immediate supervisor.