Assistant Lecturer (Linguistics or English Language)
|Job Title||Assistant Lecturer (Linguistics Or English Language) (1)|
|Reports to||Head of Department|
Main Purpose of the Post
The assistant lecturer is mainly responsible for conducting lectures for students for the workload allocated to him/her, he/she prepares and teaches classes, and meets with students regarding evaluation and research supervision.
- Possession of a Master of Arts in Linguistics or English Language Studies from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Possession of a Bachelor of Arts with Education from a recognized institution (majoring in English/Literature).
- The candidate should have a minimum of four (4) years of University teaching experience or relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Evidence of contribution to the community
- He or she should not have reached 40 years by the deadline of submission of the application
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching and the general planning and development of teaching programmes including lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- Setting, invigilation and marking of course works, tests and examinations.
- Development of learning /teaching materials and uploading them on VLE.
- Research and student’s Research supervision.
- Participation in and conducting outreach Programmes.
- Publication of your work and other research.
- You will also supervise students on internship or School Practice.
- Required to adopt the blended teaching and learning.
- Required to participate in the planning and development of the department and the faculty at large.
- Mentoring other staff in the University.
- Developing proposals and mobilizing resources for the University that can win grants for the University.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you by your immediate supervisor.