|Job Title||Accountant (1)|
|Reports to||University Finance Officer|
Main Purpose of the Post
To accumulate and report on financial information about the performance, financial position, and cash flows of BSU in order to make decisions about how to manage finances/accounting transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or any other relevant degree (Accounting Option) from a recognized Institution. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant with full CPA/ACCA and member of a recognized accounting body.
- Computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and internet are mandatory.
- Working experience of at least three (3) years in financial management from a reputable organization.
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Able and willing to work under pressure to improve the overall performance of the projects.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Liaising with the University Finance Officer on Financial issues.
- Preparing Cheque payments and Vouchers.
- Coding and posting accounts entries and updating students’ ledgers.
- Preparing Bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis.
- Auditing and appraising the quality of financial performance.
- Preparing analysis and cash books for all bank accounts.
- Preparing financial statements, quarterly drafts and books for University Auditors.
- Advising on how to reduce costs and increase profits.
- Compiling and presenting financial and budget reports.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by your immediate supervisor