Bachelor of Agribusiness Management and Community Development
Degree awarded: BAMD (Hons)
Duration: 3 years
- To produce agribusiness professionals with theoretical and practical skills in management, strategic planning development, and human resource management in the agribusiness sector that would enhance rural development.
- To equip agribusiness professionals with entrepreneurial skills for the agricultural sector.
- To build capacity management with a practical orientation needed to link up the agricultural sector and the business world under the broad perspective of commercialization of agriculture.
- To enable the population learn how to invest in rural areas and urban areas and improve their standards of living.
- To provide technical skills to professionals that will help them do agriculture as a business
Programme Learning Outcomes
The graduating students should possess professional competences to perform the following general tasks:
- Upon completion of the course, students should be able to initiate, organize and manage agribusiness projects efficiently and economically
- On completion of the course, students should be able to manage farm production activities efficiently and profitably.
- By the end of the course, students should be able to effectively manage agribusiness and rural enterprises.
- Upon completion of the course, students should be able to possess technical to logically analyze and appraise different valuable agribusiness ventures
Programme Entry Requirements
Candidates seeking admission through this avenue must have obtained: –
- At least an ordinary level certificate and a credit in Mathematics in the Uganda Certificate of Education (U.C.E) Examination or its equivalent.
- At least two principal passes at the advanced level in Mathematics, Economics, Biology, Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics and Geography obtained at the same sitting.
- A candidate may be admitted if he or she has a Diploma in Agribusiness Management and Community Development
Diploma Entry Scheme
A candidate may be admitted if he/she has a National Diploma or its equivalent of at least a second class standing or equivalent in Agriculture, Business Studies and related fields from recognised institutions.
Mature Age Entry Scheme
Admission may be granted under the mature age entry scheme after passing the appropriate mature age entry examinations accredited by NCHE/or set by the University.
Also, read the general entry requirements
Student Performance Assessment
Students will be required to do progressive course works and a summative test carrying a 40% mark and a final examination carrying a 60% mark. Students will also be evaluated through participation in tutorial seminars and group work.
Grading and Classification of Awards
Each course shall be graded out of a maximum of 100 marks. The grading shall be as follows
|Score||Grade||Grade Point||Grade Point Average||Explanation||Classification|
|80-100 %||A||5.0||4.40-5.0||Excellent||First Class|
|75-79.9 %||B+||4.0||4.0-4.3||Very Good||Second Class Upper Division|
|65-74||B||3.0||3.0-3.9||Good||Second Class Lower Division|
|50-64. %||C||2.0||2.0-2.9||Satisfactory||Pass (3)|
The pass mark for any course shall be 50% equivalent to a grade point average of 2.0.