To All Students
Admission Years 2008/2009 – 2017/2018
At the 53rd meeting under MIN:393/BSU/2022, the University Council resolved and agreed to operationalize Amnesty Policy and henceforth grant all students admitted to Bishop Stuart University Programmes of 2008/2009 – 2017/2018, whose registration status had elapsed and therefore did not complete their programmmes of study.
Here are the Guidelines for application of Amnesty effective Academic Year 2022/2023.
- Bishop Stuart University programmes of 2008/2009 – 2017/2018
- This Policy applies to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
- Students who were discontinued DO NOT qualify.
B. Financial Implication
- Students who left the programme due to failure to pay tuition and functional fees shall pay all the fees demanded on the fees structure of their time of study; and continue on the fees structure of the academic year of reinstatement.
- Students who had exhausted their expected load coverage and have course unit(s) to retake or missed shall pay reinstatement fees as follows:
|1||Retake fee (Per Course Unit)||250,000/=|
|2||Registration fees Per Semester||20,000/=|
|3||Examination Fees Per Semester||50,000/=|
|4||Library Fees Per Semester||30,000/=|
|5||Development Fund Per Semester||70,000/=|
|6||Guild fees Per Semester||20,000/=|
|7||Chaplaincy fees Per Semester||30,000/=|
|8||Computer Lab fund Per Semester||40,000/=|
|9||Sports fund Per Semester||20,000/=|
|10||Medical care fees Per Semester||21,000/=|
|11||System Maintenance Fees Per Semester||20,000/=|
|12||Caution Money (Paid Once)||10,000/=|
|13||Identity Card (Paid once)||15,000/=|
|14||National Council for Higher Education (Per Annum)||20,000/=|
C. Process of Applying
Step 1. The student requesting for amnesty shall apply to the Academic Registrar through the Faculty Dean and Head of Department for undergraduate students while Postgraduate students, to the Directorate of Graduate Studies Research and Innovations.
Step 2. The applicant shall attach the following documents on the request:
- A copy of the admission letter
- A copy of the University Identity Card
- A copy of your results Testimonial dully signed by Deans
- A copy of your financial statement
- Students to submit applications to faculties for process management
- Communication shall be availed to the applicants as and when to resume their studies.
NB: a) The deadline for application is six (6) weeks after the commencement of every Semester.
b) Students who will not have applied for Amnesty in the gazetted time as approved by the University Council and Senate will automatically be discontinued for overstaying on the programme.
OUR GOD REIGNS
Deputy Academic Registrar /Ag. Academic Registrar