This communication concerns the opening for Semester one Academic Year 2021/2022 for all new students/freshers (Undergraduate and Postgraduate).
Welcome students! We are so glad you are here.
I congratulate you upon having been admitted at Bishop Stuart University.
Following the Presidential directive on reopening Higher Education institutions of learning with effect from 1st November 2021, it is a requirement that you are vaccinated. You must show evidence of this.
The following receiving points for Registration/enrolment shall be used to receive all BSU Freshers.
- Faculty of Law at Ultimate
- Faculty of Agriculture, Environmental Sciences and Technology-Main Campus
- Faculty of Education, Arts and Media Studies – Main Campus
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Governance- Main Campus
- Faculty of Nursing and Health Science specifically Department of Public Health and Biomedical Science students will report at the Main Campus while, the Department of Nursing Science, all students will report on 7/1/2022 as guided by the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
In accordance with observing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), you are required to be in possession of;
- Face masks
- 500 ml sanitizer (personal)
- Your vaccination card.
- That you will be taken through the Orientation Programme by the Dean of Students starting from 1st to 7th November 2021.
- After general orientation, Faculty and Department Heads shall organize for their respective students for more briefing on rules and regulations, procedure and other details.
- Registration is decentralized and enrollment in AIMS is managed in respective faculties.
- The ODeL Model will be adopted and a one-week training in Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) will be conducted on how to adopt ODeL from 8th to 14th November 2021. As a requirement, you must be in possession of an ICT gadget that will enable you to be taught how to access online learning.
- You are requested to pay your tuition to Bishop Stuart University accounts in the stated banks (Post Bank, Absa Bank, DFCU Bank, Ankole Millenium SACCO and Equity Bank). You will be required to generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) that will enable you to deposit tuition on the University accounts so that you register for the Semester.
- Faculties and Heads of Departments will provide you with the Teaching Timetables.
We look forward to serving you and making sure you have an enjoyable and successful year.
Nice stay while at BSU.
Our God Reigns
ARUHO ABDON RUTEGA