OFFICE OF THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
To: All PhDs, Masters and PGDs – Students for Year I and II
RE: OPERATIONALIZATION OF SCHEDULE FOR EXAMS FOR SEMESTER I 2020/2021
His Excellency the President in his Presidential address released the COVID-19 measures on 6/6/2021.The first measure directed that all Educational Training Institutions close effective 7/6/2021.
In a Top Management meeting held on 7/6/2021 and further, guided by the Senate Graduate Committee in a meeting held yesterday 10/6/2021, the following schedule was agreed upon, in order to complete your academic activities for Semester one AY 2020/2021.
1.0 Directorate of Graduate School examinations to be done as follows:
|ACTIVITY||Old schedule||New Schedule||ACTION FROM TOP MANAGEMENT AND SENATE GRADUATE COMMITTEE|
|Examinations for Postgraduate Students year I and II (MSCCFS, MBIT, MSC.A, MARI, MPH, MADS, MSECM, MBA, , MAPAM, MSCP, MSW, PGDARI, PGDGC, PGDCP, PGDOMSS, PGDDS, PGDPAM,||From 14/6/2021 to 19/6/2021||From 21/6/2021 to 28/6/2021||
|MALC, MEAP, PGDE, PGDEM, Students year I and II||From 28/7/2021 to 6/8/2021||Remain unchanged||
|PhD-ACI, PhD-Ds, PhD-DM, PhD-LCS||–||–||
2.0 Important information to consider while preparing these online examinations
- The timetable will be revised to fit the online schedule which will be sent to you by Deputy Academic Registrar (DAR)
- Students will be required to do one exam per day that will be administered and timed online.
- All students to clear their tuition before accessing the examination.
- The email to be used is that one that was registered in VLE.
- All correspondences to students will be coordinated and sent to the students through email@example.com
3.0 BEGINNING OF SEMESTER TWO AY 2020/2021
- All postgraduate students in years 1 and 2, are informed that as soon as exams end, online classes will resume with immediate effect.
- For students on Research, evidence of registration should be produced to supervisors before supervision. No student will be supervised or cleared for supervision unless there is evidence of 50% tuition paid upfront. Those who have fees balances in the previous year or semester should be at zero balance.
- Any student who fails to access online examination and learning is encouraged to contact the lecturer responsible on phone.
How to log on to the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Go to vle.bsu.ac.ug
- Enter your username(your Reg.No in capital letters without slashes i.e.19BSUBAED000 and password (your phone number)
- Click on login button to login
- Click on site home and look for the search input field to search your course units and enroll in each course unit you are offering.
For any complaints and inquiries, contact the ODeL Head – Deputy Academic Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org assisted by ODeL Officer Mr. Mark Aine on 0774373724 on email@example.com and the support team below
|Faculty of Business, Economics and Governance||Job Kalemafirstname.lastname@example.org||0704 529830|
|David Muwanguziemail@example.com||0759 811890|
|Faculty of Agriculture, Environmental Sciences and Technology||Cosmas Kigulifirstname.lastname@example.org||0702 295874|
|Cohen Amanyabyoonaemail@example.com||0702 123725|
|Faculty of Education, Arts and Media Studies||Norman Mugumyafirstname.lastname@example.org||0705 453087|
|Faculty of Law||Gramel Turyabamukamaemail@example.com||0700 451064|
|Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences||Kamanyire Alfredfirstname.lastname@example.org||0701 330014|
|Library e-resources||Annette Kyamugambiemail@example.com||0779 412801|
|Systems Unit||Owen Oyesigyefirstname.lastname@example.org||0783 148733|
|Job Kalemaemail@example.com||0704 529830|
Our God Reigns,
ARUHO ABDON RUTEGA