The Academic Registrar, Bishop Stuart University invites applications for the Masters in Agribusiness and Value Chain Management for the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
Agribusiness development paves the way for economic growth, structural transformation, and improved technical skills which in turn can catalyze economic activities and connect major economic sectors in an economy.
At the end of this programme, graduates will have a commercial orientation and sound knowledge of the structure and technologies of the agribusiness sector as well as the self-confidence to analyze agribusiness situations, formulate strategies, and implement plans and manage strategic change.
The programme is designed for both practitioners and newly graduated students who wish to make a career in agriculture as a business from the public sector, private, and or civil society.
The program is designed for candidates who work in the private sector in the ever growing agribusiness food processing sector, as well as managers in the private sector. The program is open to officers in the Civil services, Parastatals, Local Governments, the armed forces, the Police, and Private sector organisations.
- Produce postgraduate students with both theoretical and practical aspects of agribusiness management.
- Produce graduates with proficiency in conducting research and training in the field of agribusiness, as well as offering consultancy services.
- Build a management capacity with a practical orientation needed to link up the agricultural sector and the business world under the broad perspective of commercialization of Uganda’s agricultural sector.
Program learning outcomes
By the end of the programme the graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills in agribusiness management having both theoretical and contemporary practical approaches for agricultural sector development.
- Conduct research and training in the field of agribusiness, as well as offering consultancy services.
- Apply knowledge and skills in agricultural value chains, market systems and meet agricultural challenges in developing countries and use the analytical techniques necessary in effecting the development of the sector.
- Link up with the agricultural sector and the business world under the broad perspective of commercialization of Uganda’s agricultural sector.
- Assess and promote global development trends, programmes, and other related issues associated with the agriculture businesses and value chains.
Program entry requirements
The program is designed for professionals in agriculture, food science, farming, marketing, processing, start-ups, food technology, or production, but intends to expand and update their knowledge.
The programme is also intended for people who wish to work in agro networks, or who have an interest in agribusiness.
It is also intended for those people who want to combine important elements of agribusiness and management.
Those who want to expand their conceptual and practical skills by taking an international perspective on agribusiness management.
The general regulations for Bishop Stuart University and also for the Faculty of Agriculture, Environmental Sciences & Technology will apply.
Additionally, applicants should have any of the following qualifications.
– He/she should possess at least a second class honors degree in Agriculture and or related areas from a recognized University or institution of higher learning.
– An honors degree in Life Sciences, Economics, or Commerce from a recognized University or Institution of Higher Learning will also be considered but with provisions to study set remedial (non credit) courses to meet minimum requirements.
Apply online now http://admissions.bsu.ac.ug/ learn how to: Bishop Stuart University – online application portal guidelines.
Note that we are still receiving applications for other courses
ABDON ARUHO RUTEGA