OFFICE OF THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
The roadmap below is a guideline towards your completion of Semester II 2019/2020 safely and healthy in order to manage the crisis under the COVID 19 challenges.
After due consideration of the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), BSU was granted permission to roll out Emergency Open Distance e-Learning (ODeL)w.e.f 2nd October 2020.
1.0 OPEN DISTANCE e-LEARNING (ODEL)
This is a teaching and learning delivery tool that enables students to access their learning materials. So far, ODeL model has been rolled out to students whereby they have been oriented and taught how to enroll in Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- The ODeL model roll out featuring students and staff mobilization and training/orientation has been done from 30th October 2020 up to 9th November 2020.
- The actual classroom engagement with your lecturers is to start on 10th November 2020.
- The evaluation of the training and ODeL roll out will be done on 16th November 2020.
- The actual teaching and learning is expected to be delivered via Virtual Learning Environment platform which provides lecturer-student interaction, sharing of notes, videos, pictures, conducting of tests, assignments and take home among others.
- The Final Examinations and practical Courseworks will be done on Site/Campus.
- The field based examinable activities will be scheduled separately upon receiving guidance from faculties following SOPs and NCHE/MOES standards.
1.1 HOW TO LOG ON TO THE VIRTUAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT (VLE)
- Go to vlebsu.ac.ug
- Click on log in
- Enter your username (your Reg. No in capital letters without forward slashes e.g. 19BSUBAED000) and password (given to you by the systems administrator).
- After logging in click on site home and look for the search input field, search those course units you pursue, and enroll in them. If you can’t enroll contact your lecturer.
2.0 TUITION PAYMENT AND SITTING FOR FINAL EXAMS
As per University regulations, you are required to pay your outstanding tuition balance to ZERO in order to access examinations. Follow the steps below for guidance on fees payments.
Visit your accounts at students.bsu.ac.ug and generate a reference number.
Note: Those not yet enrolled, also visit the same site students.bsu.ac.ug, use your registration number as a user name and password and follow the prompts, enroll first and then generate a reference number for the amount you wish to pay and proceed to bank and pay.
3.0 ORGANISATION AND CONDUCT OF SEM.II FINAL EXAMINATIONS
- The tentative date for the starting of Examinations for Semester II 2019/2020 is from 7th to 21st Dec.2020 structured according to the Faculty basis in order to observe the SOPs.
- Only Registered Students who have paid to zero balance will access the examinations.
- You MUST present your fully registered/stamped passbook and a system generated Examination Card (from your student’s portal students.bsu.ac.ug) at every Examination.
3.1 How to generate the Examination Card
- Log in to your student’s account at: students.bsu.ac.ug.
- Click on registration track if you have already self-registered yourself.
- Click on Exam Card: a pop up page will appear with the Examination card.
- Print the Card.
4.0 For complaints and inquiries, contact the head of the ODeL team the Deputy Academic Registrar on email@example.com, and the support team as attached.
ARUHO ABDON RUTEGA
Download: Who to contact for e-learning support