THE OFFICE OF THE GUILD ELECTORAL COMMISSION 2020-2021
In accordance with Article 6 (2) and (3) of Bishop Stuart University Guild Constitution 2013, the Guild Electoral Commission hereby invites applications from the qualified members of Bishop Stuart University students community who are interested in the positions of GRC membership and Presidential Candidature for the 2020-2021 guild government.
Download procedures for applying and the road map (links at the end of this article)
NB: The chief fresher and the chief freshess shall be elected after the coming of first years in the next academic year 2020/2021.
ROAD MAP FOR ELECTORAL COMMISSION 2020-2021
|1||Picking of application forms and clearance||Aspirant Councilors from different constituencies and guild presidential aspirants||23th -30th
|Office of the electoral commission/ Guild speaker’s office||8:00am-5:00pm|
|2||Nominations of contestants||Aspirant Councilors from different constituencies||1st December 2020||Ministers wing||9:00am-5:00pm|
|3||Nomination day for presidential aspirants||All guild presidential aspirants||3rd December 2020||Ministers wing||2:00pm-5:00pm|
|4||Electing or voting day||All guild representative council members of different courses||13th December 2020||In the university||9:00am-5:00pm|
|5||Electing day for presidential candidates||All presidential aspirants||19th December 2020||In the university||9:00am-5:00pm|
|6||Swearing in||All elected GRC and president||22nd December 2020||In the chapel||9:00am|
PROCEDURES OF APPLICATION
The office, therefore, informs the interested applicants to pick application forms from the Electoral commission’s office with a bank slip of the nomination fee following the procedures below;
Present a copy of the bank slip to the finance minister from the Bank of Africa A/C No. 04788430005 for a receipt.
Present the receipt from the finance minister to the Electoral Commission for an application form after making the following payments;
- Guild Presidential aspirants will pay a non-refundable nomination fee of Shs. 500,000 to the Bank of Africa on the A/C No. 04788430005 in the names of Bishop Stuart University Students’ Guild.
- Guild Representative Council contestants will pay a non-refundable nomination fee of Shs. 150,000 to the Bank of Africa A/C No. 04788430005 in the names of Bishop Stuart University Students’ Guild.
- The Guild Presidential Contestant MUST be of the Anglican faith on a regular program and must have finished at least one academic year.
- The applicants MUST be having no active retake.
- Every course offered in the university MUST have a representative on the GRC.
Download 2: Procedures of application
For more information call: +256786230957, +256702738875 (Chairperson Electoral Commission)